
Well, it's back to real life after a few days away of family fun time. The Lord is good to us in providing above and beyond for our family. We actually planned a vacation on Wednesday afternoon...and left Thursday early morning. Call us crazy, we deserve it. Packing up a car load of kids, food and supplies for a beach getaway in one evening is kind of crazy, but well worth it. I could tell we were all feeling the need for some family time...alone time...just the six of us.
It's been crazy how busy life has been lately. There is always something going on, always something fighting for our time. They are all not necessarily bad things, many are actually good, but all call us into the business of life. Many call us away from true family time. Even though there were many hectic moments like packing up the car, stopping for bathroom breaks/diaper changes or rinsing sand off each kid one-by-one and carrying them back to the car, the trip overall was a breath of fresh air.
The kids had a blast, and I know Greg and I loved watching them soak up all of the fun around them. Caitlyn was fascinated that the beach was "the end of Texas," as she kept putting it. Micah was nothing short of adventurous with his love for the water and exploring everything around him...and testing his limits. Cassidy and Dakota spent most of their time in the sand but every now and then would venture off into the waves.
I will not forget the last night as we were walking on the beach and Cassidy insisted on holding my hand in taking her time to get back to the rest of the family walking ahead of us. As they were lost in the distance somewhere, she began to slow her pace even more. When I insisted that we catch up she replied with, "but Mommy, I love having you all for myself."
When I realized what was happening I took my time, feeling no need to rush but only to listen to my little girl talk non-stop the whole way back.
What a great memory and what a great reminder to slow down and enjoy life and those you love so dearly around you. I will post more pictures when I get a chance...right now I have some laundry to do:)

2 comments:
Hey girl,
So glad you all were able to steal away for a bit of family time. That is one of things that is sooo different here. We have an abundance of family time. However, we do miss our friends and hope to connect with some here soon! Love you and miss you tons!!!
~liz
What a special time! I'm so glad you guys got to get away and enjoy some family time.
Post a Comment